The Optimal Healing State
One of the definitions of healing is “to restore to original integrity”. Healing can be seen as the process that happens when your body replaces damaged or unhealthy cells with cells that are functioning more optimally.
If an organism is always striving toward health. Why isn’t healing always achieved?
1. The requirements for healing are not present.
Our cells need nutrients, clean air, clean water, supportive relationships, and much more. If any of these is missing, we can’t expect healing to occur.
2. The amount of toxins are overwhelming
We have built in mechanisms for ridding the body of harmful materials, but it can only eliminate a certain amount. Too much in a short time is called “acute toxic”, too much over a long period of time is called a chronic condition.
3. Lack of Brain Awareness
The body can’t heal what it cannot find. Pain isn’t fun, but it’s often instructive, it tells you that something has to change. It tells you that you can’t go on the same way without doing more damage. Honor those signals. Covering up pain with drugs most often prolongs actual healing.
Our body has a built in mechanism to short circuit when stresses are overwhelming, the healing process involves reconnection with the damaged or injured areas that were disconnected to protect function of the whole.
4. The body can’t shift from “S” for stress to “H” for healing.
The Healing State is one where we have safety, and from there our bodies start producing the hormones required to grow healthy cells and rid ourselves of the by products of oxidative stress.
The 4 steps of the Optimal Healing State
An oil change and tune up for your body.
1. Fill your body with good food, clean water and clean air
2. Limit toxic exposure
3. Check in with your body, breath and movement daily. Network Spinal Analysis to reconnect the brain to the body.
4. Learn strategies like SRI, meditation, HeartMath, Feldenkrais and more to build resilience and get into the healing state with your conscious actions.
The first two healing factors are lifestyle based. The second two involve repatterning your system to become more aware, relieve mechanical stress, and learn strategies for achieving a healing state more often.
When do you need to be in a healing state? Every single day of your life.
Who needs to be in a healing state? Everybody does.