Dr. Brian’s Favorite BodyMind Podcasts
Do you listen to podcasts?
I enjoy listening to podcasts on a variety of subjects. My current favorite is Finding Mastery with Michael Gervais. I enjoy the depth of his questions, and the variety of the guests. I also enjoy podcasts on Running, Business, Psychology, Mystery, Physiology, Movement & The Human Body, and more.
Recently I started listening to David Chang’s podcast, https://www.theringer.com/the-dave-chang-show. I really enjoyed his perspectives on the PBS show – Mind of A Chef, and it inspired me to make different types of broths, and eat more fermented foods. For that I am forever grateful. I don’t consider myself a “foodie”, nor am I in the restaurant business, but what I find enjoyable about Dave Chang is his openness to his personal struggles. I feel in our culture we too easily think successful people don’t really struggle with anxiety, depression, or even have a bad day. I hope you also find his openness refreshing.
You can listen through your computer, or on your phone/tablet. There are various apps for your phone that allow you to make a listening list or download episodes in advance. Some examples are Stitcher, PlayerFM, or Soundcloud. Many podcasts are also available on iTunes.
Recent Episodes Worth a Listen
- https://peterattiamd.com/rickjohnson/ –
Rick Johnson, M.D.: Fructose—The common link in high blood pressure, insulin resistance, T2D, & obesity?
“Fructose turns out to be used by animals as a mechanism to store fat.” — Rick Johnson
- Brené Brown — Strong Back, Soft Front, Wild Heart
Brené Brown says our belonging to each other can’t be lost, but it can be forgotten. Her research has reminded the world in recent years of the uncomfortable, life-giving link between vulnerability and courage. Now she’s turning her attention to how we walked into the crisis of our life together and how we can move beyond it: with strong backs, soft fronts, and wild hearts.
My Favorite BodyMind Podcasts
- Finding Mastery with Michael Gervais – http://findingmastery.net/
- The Tim Ferriss Show – http://tim.blog/podcast/
- Freakonomics Radio – http://freakonomics.com/archive/
- On Being with Krista Tippett – http://onbeing.org/programs/
- Revisionist History with Malcom Gladwell – http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes
- Broken Record with Malcom Gladwell – https://brokenrecordpodcast.com/
- Liberated Body – Movement, Yoga, Bodywork: with Brooke Thomas – http://www.liberatedbody.com/podcast/
- Invisibilia from NPR – http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510307/invisibilia
- The Next Level – with Jeff Agostinelli – https://jeffagostinelli.com/podcast/
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes – https://lewishowes.com/sogpodcast/
Other Favorite Podcasts
- Dave Chang – https://www.theringer.com/the-dave-chang-show
- Lance Armstrong – The Forward Podcast – https://theforwardpodcast.libsyn.com/